Stanislav Staff replied

197 weeks ago

We started Guildwork development with BBCode support but it was very buggy because the BBCode parsers for Python were not very good so we decided to look for different markup and ended up with Markdown. We found a great Markdown parser that was perfect. A few months have passed and we noticed that average MMO player has trouble with Markdown so we decided that we had to solve this issue. So last night I buckled down and wrote our own BBCode parser. It is working very well and passing all of our unit tests so we have decided to unleash it on you guys.

BBCode has now replaced Markdown everywhere except the HTML/Markdown widget for sites and Wiki. The Wiki still allows Markdown but BBCode is now also a choice there.

All old forum posts, comments, inbox conversations and signatures will be rendering improperly! So if you have any old important posts make sure to go back and change them to BBCode.

But don't worry it was all worth it. With the new BBCode come more features. Something that is highly requested is being able to embed game specific information so here is our first try at it.

To embed something like this you would type
[item game=ffxi]Apocalypse[/item]
Will turn into Apocalypse.

This works for all of our games! We will be posting a detailed BBCode guide very soon.

Enjoy!
Founder / Engineer

Sev replied

197 weeks ago

How many times did I tell you to do this a year ago?
Team Weezy F Baby

Bori replied

197 weeks ago

Test Apocalypse

Bori replied

197 weeks ago

Apocalypse[/item

Stanislav Staff replied

197 weeks ago

Lol what were you trying to do Bori?
Founder / Engineer

Nitsuj replied

197 weeks ago

looking good, man.

Schultz replied

197 weeks ago

My guess was something/something

last edited 197 weeks ago by Schultz
Schultz Stratagems - I didn't break it… it was broken when i got here, I swear!

pingpong replied

197 weeks ago

dfsasfasdf

asdfadsf

asdfasdfasdf
print("code sample");

Bori replied

197 weeks ago

Yeah I was trying, wasn't working for me. Apocalypse

Bori replied

197 weeks ago

Oo